Charities Applying for donations
The Grand Lodge of Scotland Charitable Giving to External Charities
The Grand Lodge of Scotland allocates funds each year to enable awards to be made to external charities. The following criteria apply when external charities are being selected for assistance:
- The charity must be registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
- The charity must operate for the benefit of people on a Scotland-wide basis, rather than only provide benefit within a local community or region.
- The most recent set of audited accounts must be provided with any application for assistance.
- There must be clear evidence of the amount of the funds raised by the charity which are spent directly on the recipients of awards from the charity as against the costs of administration etc.
- Applications may be made towards the cost of delivering a specific project or for the ongoing work of the charity and it is expected that full details will be provided to indicate what the grant is for and how any funds which may be awarded are to be used.
- Any charity which receives an award will be ineligible to apply for further assistance until a period of two years has elapsed.
Applications may be made in writing to,
The Benevolence and Care Department,
Freemasons’ Hall, 96 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3DH
Or by email to:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org